As we know that the DNS stands for (Domain Name System) server is responsible of accessing all websites in case of inability to remember IP address, or in another meaning that it’s difficult to save all websites IP address in your mind.
So, many people need to change DNS server windows 8 while there’re some websites cannot be accessed via the default DNS server installed on windows 8 after you connect new connection, plus that computers are able to deal with IP addresses not the names.
From here DNS server’s importance comes, which provide an easy way to access all websites.
The way to change DNS server windows 8 is very important for many people, especially that Windows 8 has been recently released for generally availability in October 2012.
The reasons behind needing to change DNS server Windows 8
Sometimes you want to change DNS server windows 8 while you can’t access some websites when you type the IP address in your browser despite of the name of websites. That means there’s a problem in your DNS server and you need to change it.
Another reason behind needing to change DNS server windows 8 is the slowing of overall browsing experience because of some issues in their ISP-maintained DNS servers.
- Go to Control Panel
- Below Network and Internet, Click on View network status and tasks
- In Network and Sharing Center window, you’ll find your active connections
- Click on Change adapter settings or you can click the link next to Connections on the right
- Choose your connection which is here wired
- Click on Properties
- Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Under General tap, Select use the following DNS server addresses
Select Use the following DNS server addresses and enter:
· Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
· Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
Finally click OK on this and the previous windows to save your changes.
You can make sure of this method to change DNS server windows 8, go to your browser and type your favorite website which can’t be accessed.